[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Url : how to define MyPortal as the default portal.

jelavallee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 8 15:25:12 EDT 2008

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : It is at context level, AFAIK you cannot modify it with the XML descriptors.

  | I don't think there is a Jira for this yet, so you can open one.
  |
  | (JSR 168, is defining the portlet container, so it has no notion of portals neither page, it's vendor specific)

I've got a largely empty WAR called "myportal-topology.war" that has just a *-object.xml file in the WEB-INF called "myportal-topology-object.xml"...

The head of the file looks like this:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE deployments PUBLIC
  |    "-//JBoss Portal//DTD Portal Object 2.6//EN"
  |    "http://www.jboss.org/portal/dtd/portal-object_2_6.dtd">
  | <deployments>
  |    <deployment>
  |       <context>
  |          <context-name/>
  |             <properties>
  |  		      <property>
  |  		         <name>portal.defaultObjectName</name>
  | 		         <value>myportal</value>
  | 		      </property>
  | 		   </properties>
  |       </context>
  |    </deployment>
  |    <deployment>
  |       <parent-ref/>
  |       <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |       <portal>
  |          <portal-name>myportal</portal-name>
  |          <supported-modes>
  |             <mode>view</mode>
  |             <mode>edit</mode>
  |             <mode>help</mode>
  |          </supported-modes>
  |          <supported-window-states>
  |             <window-state>normal</window-state>
  |             <window-state>minimized</window-state>
  |             <window-state>maximized</window-state>
  |          </supported-window-states>
  |          <properties>

This deploys fine and populates the pages with the proper instances and all that jazz.  Only problem is that it doesn't set the default PORTAL to "myportal".

I have the default page working no problem... just not the default portal...

How do I get this working?  I've seen a number of folks asking this question and the answers always seem to be either telling them how to set the default page (wrong answer), or "I think it's somewhere in X but you can figure it out", or "use the admin portlet" (not an option for me since we're trying to make this an automated deployment process.

Thanks in advance,
Etienne

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169679#4169679

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169679