[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Writing MBean for Runtime.exec()

eskape do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 11 01:01:33 EDT 2008

Hello!

We need to execute an external program in our application (program is ImageMagick, and we cannot use JMagick approach because it hangs the entire system on 10+ megabyte images). Due to J2EE/EJB spec, the Runtime.exec() is prohibited in stateless beans. Our workaround is writing MediaConverterMBean which will actually execute an external program.

Could you please tell if there are any problems about this in JBoss?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169776#4169776

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169776