[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Upgrading hibernate in JBoss 4.2.2.GA

jinpsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 13 15:59:25 EDT 2008

OK, I can't seem to get this working.  I'm clearly doing something wrong.  Essentially, I want my ear application to use hibernate v3.2.6.  Here is the structure of my ear (containing the upgraded hibernate):

  | myEar
  | |-- META-INF
  | |   |-- application.xml
  | |   |-- jboss-app.xml
  | |   `-- MANIFEST.MF
  | |-- lib
  | |   |-- hibernate-annotations.jar
  | |   |-- hibernate-commonds-annotations.jar
  | |   |-- hibernate-entitymanager.jar
  | |   `-- hibernate3.jar
  | |-- myEjb.jar
  | `-- myWar.war

My jboss-app.xml looks like this (does the contents of "org.myOrg" or "myEarLoader" make a difference here?):

  | <jboss-app>
  |     <loader-repository>
  |         org.myOrg:archive=myEarLoader
  |         <loader-repository-config>
  |             java2ParentDelegation=false
  |         </loader-repository-config>
  |     </loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

The MANIFEST.MF of my myEjb.jar includes all the hibernate jars in the Class-path:

  | Manifest-Version: 1.0
  | Class-Path:  lib/hibernate-annotations.jar
  |  lib/hibernate-commons-annotations.jar
  |  lib/hibernate-entitymanager.jar
  |  lib/hibernate3.jar

The ejb just starts a jboss service bean and prints out the current hibernate version.  No matter how much tinkering I do, I always see this:

  | [STDOUT] Hibernate Version:             3.2.4.sp1
  | [STDOUT] Hibernate Annotations Version: 3.2.1.GA
  | [STDOUT] Hibernate EM Version:          3.2.1.GA

What am I missing?

thanks.

justin.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170422#4170422