[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - WebServiceException: Unable to load Provider

kbhdk1976 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 14 07:51:42 EDT 2008

I have an almost similar problem.

I use JBoss 4.2.2. I have removed jaxws-rt.jar and jaxws-tools.jar from the client directory, and copied the xercesImpl.jar into it from the lib/endorsed directory, as described in this thread. I have also copied the

It still fails with;

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to load Provider: Failed to load javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider: com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
	at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:98)
	at javax.xml.ws.Service.(Service.java:83)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider: com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
	at javax.xml.ws.spi.ProviderLoader.loadProvider(ProviderLoader.java:96)
	at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:90)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong ??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170535#4170535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170535