[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: IPs and URLs logging in JBoss

dgenkin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 14 16:51:57 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : Try uncommenting the RequestDumperValve in server.xml and see if that does it.

  | In JBossAS 4.2.3, server.xml is located at server/xxx/deploy/jboss-web.deployer

Thanks, Peter. This provides excessvie logging, unfortunately.
I have found another interesting thing in the server.xml for access logging and this is actually what i need, but i cannot find where i specify the pattern.
Below is this logger funtionality. It has pattern='combined', can be 'common'. Where do i specify this pattern details? I need to add something like this LogFormat "%{X-Forwarded-For}i  %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined. Then i will log everything i need.

<!-- Access logger -->

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170665#4170665

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170665