[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Using Connection Pool in EJB 3.0

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 15 09:09:19 EDT 2008

"mabimal" wrote : Hi all,
  | I am in the requirement of developing EJB without entity beans and simply using stateless beans. In this scenario how can i connect to database?

Through datasource.

"mabimal" wrote :
  |  and Can i use the existing connection pool.

Yes, you can.

"mabimal" wrote :
  | It's saved in XML file as a configuration file. This is working connection pool in web container.

Which xml file? JBoss has its own datasource pooling implementation where you configure the datasource through a -ds.xml file. Is this the same that you are talking about? If not, please provide more details.

"mabimal" wrote :
  |  How to make it run in ejb jar file. It has been successfully tested on web modules. How to change it so that it will run on ejb jar.

The datasource is created at the server level. It will be accessible through JNDI for both the web component and the ejb component.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170747#4170747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170747