[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Has anyone used JBC 2.x series with JBossAS 4.2.x series

derrickhackman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 15 09:25:57 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | t is possible to deploy a JBoss Cache 2.0 instance in JBoss AS 4.x (at least in 4.2.0.GA; other AS releases are completely untested). However, the significant API changes between the JBoss Cache 2.x and 1.x releases mean none of the standard AS 4.x clustering services (e.g. http session replication) that rely on JBoss Cache will work with JBoss Cache 2.x. Also, be aware that usage of JBoss Cache 2.x in AS 4.x is not something the JBoss Cache developers are making any significant effort to test, so be sure to test your application well (which of course you're doing anyway.)

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/beta500/html/ch08s04.html

I have a similar need, out infrastructure is clustered 4.x and I want to upgrade the cache however it appears in a clustered environment I will lose a lot cluster replication capability unless I use the 1.x JBC. Can someone speak to this issue as well as the issue outlined above as we are clearly looking to do the same thing...

thanks
-derrick

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170756#4170756

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170756