[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Upgrading hibernate in JBoss 4.2.2.GA

jinpsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 15 10:13:10 EDT 2008

Well, this still isn't working correctly.  My .war file within the .ear is still trying to use the old hibernate version in the jboss lib directory.  I see this exception when the .war tries to use hibernate:

  | Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(java.lang.Class,
  | java.util.ResourceBundle, org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator, java.util.Map,
  | org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.ReflectionManager)
  | 	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2678)
  | 	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:1953)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.secondPassCompile(AnnotationConfiguration.java:357)
  | 	... 67 more

The ClassValidator class is in the bundled jboss hibernate jars, not the jars in my .ear.

Not sure if this matter or not, but I'm using oracle and my jdbc driver (ojdbc14.jar) is in server/< config >/lib/.  My oracle-ds.xml is in the root of my ear.

How can I debug this further?

thanks.

justin.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170769#4170769