[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: sending Streams using POJOS

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 17 14:00:20 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,

"caultonpos" wrote :
  | Will I be able to use Remoting 3 with Jboss 4.2 ?

Yes, we intend for Remoting 3 to be wire and API compatible with Remoting 2.  Remoting 3 is really targeted to Application Server 5, though, so I don't know whether Remoting 3 will ever ship (and be tested with) some future version of AS 4.2.

"caultonpos" wrote :
  | Do you have a rough date as to when it will be available?

The scheduling is still rather fluid, but Remoting 3 will come out in stages, with a fully functional version out, I guess, by the end of the year.  But don't quote me!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170949#4170949

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170949