[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - shutting down jboss server running on a machine having multi

Mahi_nath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 19 09:46:17 EDT 2008

I have JBoss server running on a single machine having multiple IPs (say xxx.xxx.xxx.108,xxx.xxx.xxx.109,and so on), i need to bind my application only to particular IP(say xxx.xxx.xxx.108).

With respect to this i have referred the below link

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/ConfiguringMultipleJBossInstancesOnOneMachine

and i tried
run.bat -c default -b xxx.xxx.xxx.108

Although the above solution worked for me (i mean i can bind my application to xxx.xxx.xxx.108 IP only ).But the problem is how do i stop that jboss server.

On the JBoss site (which i have mentioned above)there is info for shutting down different instances if the different instances are using different ports with the "shutdown" command however I couldnt find anything for my situation. In addition to that, the shutdown commands options seem not to support any references to a particular IP address.

Also i tried  ./shutdown.bat -S -s X.X.X.108:8500
where 8500 is the port on which my application is running.

with the following results:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 192.168.111.108:8500 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to retrieve stub from server 192.168.111.108:8500 [Root exception is java.io.EOFException]]

NOTE : Iam using JBoss 3.2.6 version.

Please help in this regard. Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171272#4171272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171272