[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Best practice for scheduled message processing

PitPalme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 19 10:23:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a whole bunch of data to be processed. This data is generated by a Stateless Session Bean which "evaluates" a lot of records from a database.
I now need to process the results asynchronously and parallel; This is kind of batch job.

So I though "Just send the results, one by one, via JMS to a MDB. Done."

But: As this is similar to a classical batch there now arised the necessity to only process messages at night for not having to much performance impact on the server during working hours.

One solution would be to just "prepare" as much data as the server is capable to deal with during "off hours". But this does not scale nor is flexible enough.

So what I'd like to do it to "schedule" delivery of messages from the JMS-queue to it's subscriber (MDB) so I can pump all preprocessed data to the Queue and just "halt" delivery during working time. The queue nevertheless should ideally be open to still receive more messages and queue them as well.

So my question is: is there any chance to get this done within JEE/JBoss?

Thanks a lot for any help, links to previous topics appreciated, if I'm not the first with this desire (and just was to stupid to search correctly) :-)
--
Regards,

P.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171282#4171282