[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss not recognizing deployments from Maven

HappySpaceInvader do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 20 13:36:43 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : But doesn't your Maven build place a Messaging.jar (or perhaps Messaging-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) into your target directory? I would think that the maven-jboss-deploy-plugin would use that when it has to deploy somthing.

It does place a Messaging.jar in /jboss/server/myserver/deploy/myproject/Messaging/1.0-SNAPSHOT/lib.  This is why I am surprised that JBoss does not pick it up.  If I move that jar file to any other set of nested directories under the deploy directory, JBoss sees it and deploys it successfully.  JBoss seems to know to watch the ...myproject/Messaging/1.0-SNAPSHOT/ directory as you can see from the above logs.  This is why I think the component-info.xml is preventing JBoss from deploying this package... due to missing information.

I've tried to find some more information on what that file actually needs, but haven't found anything conclusive.  Also, I am limited to what I can pass in via the maven plugin, but this plugin has been developed by JBoss and is at version 1.6, so I would have thought that it works enough to allow something simple like a JAR to be deployed.

"PeterJ" wrote :
  | Crazy question - where is your project directory located? I hope that it is not at /jboss/server/myserver/deploy/myproject.

That is where it is deployed to.  The build project directory is somewhere completely different.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171581#4171581

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171581