[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: servlet: how to spawn all processors

john_woo@canada.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 20 18:41:38 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : Running your web app across 16 CPUs is not a good idea. Due to CPU cache issues, contention among threads, and various other issues it is usually better to run such apps while affinitized to 2, 3 or 4 CPUs (depening on your app). At least that is what we have found in our testing.

  | In Linux, you can use the taskset utility to set affinity. I suggest adding this to the script that starts jbossas.

Thanks lots for the info, Peter.

I did try the affinity setting (to 4 cpus for the app), but only 1-2 cpu busy. I guessed b/c all threads running in the same process from the main servlet.

As the app is big one, and it's required to put it in 16-32 cpus machine. I'm still thinking how to make use of 4/8 cpus.

--
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171644#4171644

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171644