[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: workaround for StackOverflow exception

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 20 21:40:50 EDT 2008

JBSEAM-1575 depends on JBPM-1135 which is already resolved. That said, I have two suggestions.

The first is to replace the timer with an asynchronous continuation, unless you need the delay (which I understand you do not). Just set the node's async attribute to true. It does not need to be a separate emtpy state, you can decorate any of your existing nodes with that attribute.

The second is to implement a ThreadLocal based solution which prevents recursive calls once the loop node is reached. I came to it for preventing the stack overflow in the BPEL while activity, but it can be implemented for jPDL as well. You can browse the code in the online repository. Look at Loop.execute(). It is much of a hack - you might want to stick to asynchronous continuations unless you need more performance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171652#4171652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171652