[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Can't remote to Jboss, -b 0.0.0.0 not working

Bombarta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 21 08:10:39 EDT 2008

The tool is irrelevent, but it's called "Java Service Wrapper".  Rather than running JBoss from a CMD window, it runs it as a windows or linux service depending on your platform.  It's irrelevent simply because I've tried -b 0.0.0.0 from the cmd prompt as well as trying to include it in the executable line of run.bat .

run.bat -b 0.0.0.0

Now this is JBoss 4.2.3, and from my understanding, as of 4.2 the security tightened up and now locks JBoss to localhost only.  Well, this does me no good.  I've read that using SSH/putty you can tunnel a port remotely, however the -b 0.0.0.0 seemed simple enough.  My concerns for security are minimal.  The server and PC's that need to remote are on a closed network, so I'm not concerned with outside sources attempting to use the admin console, etc.

So what other info can I provide to help with my problem?  I'm pretty new to JBoss, however I've been running Glassfish for some time now and do have a little knowledge about J2EE app servers.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171755#4171755

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171755