[jboss-user] [Remoting] - How to insert new server-side application protocol based on

balibalo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 21 08:26:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

I hope being on the right forum.

I am trying to port a custom protocol into JBoss, server side. It is a trivial synchronous protocole made of string data and binary data (in fact, compressed stuff). I can't tell much about it but it really looks as dummy as:

client -- connects via SSL (2 way handshake) --> server
client -- hello --> server
client <-- hello -- server
client -- how are you? --> server
client <-- fine -- server
client -- ok --> server
connection is closed

I have read much about Invoker and Remoting but it deals with RMI, however I don't need RMI (the client part is coded in C etc...). Am I on the wrong way?

My idea is to create a service that listens to a configurable port, whenever a connection arrives, it enables the SSL and it creates a thread that will handle the custom protocol.
I am aware that JBoss is able to do most of that already, but I don't know how to use it for my purpose. Which element to use, configure, which class (in addition of the class that handle the protocol) do I need to code and where.

Any idea/tips or existing documentation?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171760#4171760

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171760