[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: How to reliably count active sessions (re-post)

mrgordonz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 21 19:48:36 EDT 2008

Hi Kees,

I wish I could upgrade the JDK.  I use this JDK because it is the version that is supported by the vendor of the web application - if I use something else then the software is technically not supported.

You say...

anonymous wrote : JBoss is built on top of JMX and that shows. Good thing is that what you want to monitor is there. It's just a matter of isolating it in the barrage of mbeans and attributes.

Unfortunately I have no idea what to look for - I wouldn't know what to look for even if I got jconsole working.  What I can tell you is that the information I want is viewable via the Management Console using the following click path:

Monitoring > Web Status > Full Status > under the Application List I click the link for the application > localhost/Saba

It jumps to the point on the page where it shows the info I want.  Of all the attributes listed, the one I most need is "Active Sessions"; followed by "Average session alive time".  The others I don't really need.  The actual application is deployed as saba.ear, and in the ear file is saba.war.  Does that help you to identify the object name/attribute of an MBean?  If I know what those details are, perhaps someone else on this forum can help me to figure out how to use twiddle.

Cheers,

Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171906#4171906

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171906