[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Compression marshalling

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 22 06:01:12 EDT 2008

hi, ron,

we are using JBoss 4.2.2.GA and want to use compression for EJB2.1 and EJB3.0 invocations.

i tried to activate the compression marshaller without success. replacing the InvokerLocator of ejb3 remoting connector in /server/compression/deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/jboss-service.xml

<attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873</attribute>
with
<attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?dataType=serializable
  |    &marshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingMarshaller
  |    &unmarshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingUnMarshaller</attribute>

doesnt reduce the amount of data transferred (measured with WireShark: http://www.wireshark.org/).

would be very nice if you could explain me in detail how to install compression.

thanks in advance.
robert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171990#4171990

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171990