[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Deploying JDeveloper/Oracle webservices on JBossWS

cappeca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 22 11:53:22 EDT 2008

That discussion is 2 years old, is that still up to date? I have only tried OC4J and JBoss, so I can't say (making arrangements right now to test it with WebSphere). If so, I'd like to see some official statement regarding this.

In any case, this part calls my attention:

"The Oracle Web Service team is currently working on a document explaning how you can create JAX-RPC services and deploy them in different container, but it is still an ongoing project and Tomcat is not the first targetted platform."

Any news on this, since it's been two years?

"Since you look familiar with Apache Axis, it is today the most portable Web Service stack, it has some limitations (support of WS-* for example), but based on your use case it looks using Apache Axis will be the best approach. As you may know Apace Axis is supported on OracleAS 10g R2 and R3."

And this, has anyone with the problem in this thread switched to Apache Axis?

As for the wsdl4j question, I have replaced mine with version 1.6.2, and it still seem incompatible with the Oracle library. Now, before we use the JDeveloper to deploy on JBoss, we have to copy a lot of libraries to the JBoss structure, in a process called ADF Runtime Installation. I'm assuming that should solve the class cast problem, but apparently not. My question is, why is this cast necessary inside JBoss?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172028#4172028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172028