[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: JAAS Authentication from stand alone client

ragavgomatam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 22 15:53:37 EDT 2008

HI
Quick answers :- Since it is java client
(1) You would be using a callback handler on the client to connect to your Jaas Module.
(2) Your CustomModule should be in a jar file under $HOME/server/default/lib
(3) The classpath in run.sh or run.bat of jboss should be changed to include your jar
(4) You would be useing an auth.config policy file as a part of your client start up & use this syntax, please check this out once again :-
anonymous wrote : java -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.auth.login.config==file:../conf/default/auth.conf
watch that ==.
(5) This auth.conf would be having the ClientLoginModule in addition to your module . The format should be as of a policy file.
(6) Use jars from $HOME/jboss/client in your client classpath. There are many jars from this directory, I don't immediately recall. However if using jdk 1.6 use classpath wildcard to use all the jars.

This should be good as a start. I will try to post more if this is insufficient

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172056#4172056

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172056