[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Error when starting JBoss at localhost

dieterwillems do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 23 06:47:19 EDT 2008

I like to use JBoss with Eclipse. I installed Eclipse without problems and downloaded JBoss 4.2.3.GA.  Then I added the JBoss server to Eclipse.
When I tried to start JBoss in Eclipse I get the following error message:
'Starting JBoss v4.2 at localhost' has encountered a problem.
Server port In Use 8080-http

I checked with netstat and saw no active port with this number.
Even if I try with other port number like for example 8084, 8088 or 8090, I always get the error message.

Can somebody help me to resolve this problem?

thanks in advance
Dieter

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172132#4172132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172132