[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - LFU Eviction Policy

em161100 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 23 08:58:43 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to work with LFU Policy for eviction. I have done some testing and there is something that I don't understand. I used the following configuration :

                  10
		  org.jboss.cache.eviction.LFUPolicy

		        100
       		         50

The behavior is this : the cache works fine until it hits 100 nodes. In that point the cache evicts down to the minNodes of 50, which is great. Once there is a new node, and it reaches 51, the node gets evicted immediately.
Is this the expected behavior ? Shouldn't the cache grow back to 100 and than evict the objects down to 50. If not, is there any way to enforce just behavior ?

Thanks for the help,
Elad.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172136#4172136

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172136