[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Compression marshalling

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 25 07:14:51 EDT 2008

hello again...

i did a step back: removed "dataType=serializable" and configured my EJB3 Remoting Connector like this:
<attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/
  |    ?marshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingMarshaller
  |    &unmarshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingUnMarshaller</attribute>

and yes, it works (reduced amount of data being transferred) -at least for a very, very simple EJB 3.0
(just one Remote Method that returns a String like "successful").

now i got a new issue:

  | 2008-08-25 12:54:38,755 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread] failed
  | java.io.IOException: Can not read data for version 154.  Supported versions: 1,2,22
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.versionedRead(ServerThread.java:674)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:534)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:387)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:166)

first i checked the Remoting Version i am using for client and server: both JBossRemoting Version 2.2.2.SP1 (Bluto).
because the version being read differs very often (154, 77,...) i guess that someone else (maybe another Remoting Connector?) tries to read the invocation, dont expect an compressed input and finally reads a wrong version number...?

my EJB (Remote Business Interface) just talks to a second EJB (Local Business Interface) that talks to a third EJB (Local Business Interface, reads and returns an Entity). all EJBs are EJB 3.0 and in debug modus a noticed that the above exception is thrown after my first EJB already got the data form my Entity and before my client recieves the answer from my first EJB.

finally i am kind of surprised, because the answer my client recieves is good: from the client side of view everything just seem to work -on the server side there is the exception shown above :- \

any ideas and hints what i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance
robert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172263#4172263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172263