[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: PermGen issues using EJB 3.0 on Jboss 4.2.2.GA

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 25 18:41:24 EDT 2008

I was surprised when I hit full GC because the tenured generation at only 37% in use, until I realized that I had been running for an hour. It was the sun.rmi.dgc.client/server.gcInterval settings - they are set to run full GC every hour.

You do not want to manually force a collection - that could cause performance problems. Eventually, your tenured generation will fill up and you will hit a full collection. Even without a full collection, the JVM will occasionally free classes that are no longer used, thus reducing the size of the permgen. Set the -XX:+TraceClassUnloading option to see this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172430#4172430

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172430