[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Compression marshalling

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 26 04:43:07 EDT 2008

and again...

i finally got it working. no more server exceptions and the data transferred gets compressed.
using JBoss Remoting 2.2.2.SP1, it was enough to edit InvokerLocator of EJB3.0 Remoting Connector as shown in my previous posts.

but my problem still exists when using JBoss Remoting 2.4.0.GA/ 2.4.0.SP1: i get an

java.io.IOException: Can not read data for version 172.  Supported versions: 1,2,22
on the server side and a

org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException:
  | Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator
  | [socket://192.168.1.xxx:3873/?marshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingMarshaller
  | &unmarshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingUnMarshaller]
  | java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
  | java.io.EOFException

on the client side.

for JBoss Remoting 2.4.0.SP1 it seems to be not enough to edit InvokerLocator. so my question now is:
* what do i have to change if compression with JBoss Remoting 2.2.2.SP1 worked and with JBoss Remoting 2.4.0.SP1 dont?
  | * more basic: how do i configure compression for JBoss Remoting 2.4.0.SP1?
by the way... i do not even know how to configure compression for EJB2.1
-editing the Remoting Connector in /server/compress/conf/jboss-service.xml doesnt seem to be this easy...

at last: i want to use JBoss Remoting 2.4.x, because i like Remoting to throw an exception instead of returning an error message,
as described in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-813.
if i use the servlet transport like

<attribute name="InvokerLocator">servlet://${jboss.bind.address}:18080/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet/
  |    ?marshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingMarshaller
  |    &unmarshaller=org.jboss.remoting.marshal.compress.CompressingUnMarshaller</attribute>
it works anyway. i dont know why it doesnt for socket transport.

would appreciate if someone could help me out O: )
robert[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172504#4172504

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172504