[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Issues in Ejb 3.0 Deployment

vasudm82 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 27 09:35:23 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am newbie to Ejb 3.0. I am facing a problem while deploying an Ejb jar .

Environment being used.

eclispe ( using jboss tools plugins )  and jboss 4.2.2. GA

The problem i am facing is that while deploying the ejb jar, I am getting this exception .

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unexpected error during load of: com.demo.hello.HelloBeanBean, msg=Bad version number in .class file
	at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:560)
	at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:415)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.Ejb3AnnotationHandler.populateBaseInfo(Ejb3AnnotationHandler.java:293)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.Ejb3DescriptorHandler.populateBaseInfo(Ejb3DescriptorHandler.java:215)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.Ejb3AnnotationHandler.getContainers(Ejb3AnnotationHandler.java:138)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.Ejb3Deployment.deployElement(Ejb3Deployment.java:486)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.Ejb3Deployment.deployElement(Ejb3Deployment.java:442)

There is only one problem in it. I have only jvm installed in my system.
Java 1.5.0_07.

How should i have to go about this problem. I am using eclipse to run the server.

Looking forward for your help.
Thanks in advance

Vasu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172816#4172816