[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - How do I set hibernate.dialect property outside of persisten

robertxlongo@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 28 21:30:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

We are deploying an application on JBoss and we would like to give our customers the ability to choose which database (Oracle, MySQL, etc.) they would like to use.  It's fairly easy to have the installer lay down a customized ds.xml file in the deploy folder to define the chosen data source; however, we're getting hung up with setting the hibernate.dialect property in the persistence.xml file.  For example, if our customer decides that they would like to use MySQL, then we would need the following line in persistence.xml:

<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect"/>

Of course, we could have the installer unzip our ear file, unzip the jar file and modify the persistence.xml file, but we were wondering if there was a cleaner way of setting this property.  Is there an external configuration option that can be used to set a property for a persistence-unit?  For example, could I modify something like the persistence.properties file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173205#4173205

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4173205