[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Can't find the SessionBean

arres04 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 30 13:23:43 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my first jboss application, but I have some kind of a problem.
During the access of the Bean I get the following exception:

  | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: CalculatorBean not bound
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)

This is the Bean:

  | @Stateless(name="CalculatorBean")
  | public class CalculatorBean implements CalculatorRemote, CalculatorLocal {
  |
  |     public int sum(int add1, int add2) {
  | 		return add1+add2;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public int multiply(int mul1, int mul2) {
  | 		return mul1*mul2;
  | 	}
  |
  | }

And these are the interfaces:

  | @Local
  | public interface CalculatorLocal extends Calculator{
  |
  | }
  |

  | @Remote
  | public interface CalculatorRemote extends Calculator{
  |
  | }

And next the Client:

  |     public void setUp() {
  |         try {
  |             Properties properties = new Properties();
  |             properties.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |             properties.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  |             properties.put("java.naming.provider.url", "localhost:1099");
  |             InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(properties);
  |             remote = (CalculatorRemote) ctx.lookup("CalculatorBean/remote");
  |         } catch (Exception e) {
  |             e.printStackTrace();
  |         }
  |     }

I have no idea what kind of a problem this is. I also checked the JNDI-Namespace inside the jboss, but this seems to be finde:

  |   +- c-backend-1-SNAPSHOT (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   +- CalculatorBean (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   |   +- local (proxy: $Proxy67 implements interface de.backend.bean.calculator.CalculatorLocal,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy)
  |   |   |   +- remote (proxy: $Proxy65 implements interface de.backend.bean.calculator.CalculatorRemote,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy)

It would be very nice, if someone could help me resolving my problem :(

Thank you,
Arres

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173447#4173447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4173447