[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Jboss-messaging-1.0.5SP1 and Seam 2.0.2SP1 on jboss4.0.5

evdelst do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 4 04:36:04 EST 2008

I am trying to use a (remote) jboss-messaging 1.0.5SP1 from within a Seam application (2.0.2SP1). I cannot upgrade JBoss or JBoss Messaging at this moment (there are many applications talking to that messaging server, upgrading would mean a lot of work).

The problems I encounter are with classloading. I tried a 'scoped deployment', but run into errors concerning the javassist:

java.lang.ClassCastException: nl.mypackage.User_$$_javassist_9 cannot be cast to javassist.util.proxy.ProxyObject

This is after putting the same javassist.jar in the (scoped) jboss-messasing.sar. With the default javassists, I get method not found errors in the ProxyFactory class.

I also tried putting all the jboss-messaging client jars in the ear file, but this gives other problems with the initialization of the 'aop on the client side'.

Is it even possible what I am trying to do, or should I give up at this point (and wait for an upgrade of all the other applications)?

All tips are welcome!

Edwin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194263#4194263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194263