[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - isCallerInRole throws IlligalStateException

drfranknfurter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 4 08:55:10 EST 2008

When I try to use isCallerInRole the following exception is thrown

  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: isCallerInRole() called with no security context.
  | Check that a security-domain has been set for the application.
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.BaseSessionContext.isCallerInRole(BaseSessionContext.java:215)

But when I use the @RolesAllowed annotation it works the way it should. I generally prefer to use the annotations but there are situations where the role required is not constant. For those scenarios isCallerInRole comes in handy.

JBoss version: 4.2.2.GA
LoginModule: org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule and a custom login module as well.

Any help will be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194347#4194347

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194347