[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Jboss install as service is successful, but no service i

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 4 15:47:30 EST 2008

Are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Vista? Did you download the proper version of JBoss Native (32 or 64 bit)?

I tried it using your settings, and it registered just fine, as viewed in the services gui and in powershell:

[12/04/2008 12:43:23 D:\opt\powershell]
  | >get-service jbas405svc
  |
  | Status   Name               DisplayName
  | Stopped  JBAS405SVC         JBoss Application Server 4.0.5

I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and downloaded the 64-bit version of JBoss Native 2.0.6.

One other thought - do you have administrative access? Do you have user account control off or on? I am an administrator and turned off user account control. You might try running a command prompt as administrator and running service.bat from there.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194458#4194458

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194458