[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - JMX bean creating InitialContext: Works from JMX console.

dasmith836 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 5 12:50:38 EST 2008

Gurus,
here is my situation:

I have a JMX bean deployed via Spring's MBeanExporter.  Several of the methods new up an InitialContext() for various operations.

This works just fine when I invoke the methods via the JBoss JMX console.  But if I try to invoke them through JConsole or programmatically through RMI, I get a ClassNotFound exception:

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory]

I've googled high and low to find a solution, but none has presented itself.  Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194678#4194678

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194678