[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - JBoss Tools Beta

meetoblivion do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 6 08:17:55 EST 2008

Hey

So I'm posting here on the urging of Jbosstools on Twitter

At their recommendation I tried the tools one more time.  I am using ganymede and have been for a while.

I'll start with my environment

HP Pavilion tx 1000 AMD Turion 64 bit processor 2.1 ghz total.  2 gb ram.
OpenSuSe 11 installed w/ x86_64
Hotspot JVM (java 6)

I'm up to date on all patches and in general have no issues with day to day operation on the laptop (though I do seem to find a random codec every now and then that doesn't work properly).

So here's my issue

I'm attempting to run JBoss Tools on top of my existing eclipse ganymede install.  For VPE, I get the message "The VPE editor can't be run because your system environment needs to be changed slightly."   I have verified that compat-libstdc++ is installed:

  | $> rpm -qa | grep compat-libstdc
  | compat-libstdc++-5.0.7-121.1

I have a feeling it has to do with this error (from Error Log view)

  | Bundle org.mozilla.xulrunner.gtk.linux.x86_64 is not found.

So, is there a separate install for XULRunner for x86_64 environments?

Second, I am working with a seam project.  The different scoped beans don't appear properly in the Seam Components folder.  No error or anything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194801#4194801

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194801