[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss5, Hibernate and EHCache

cluib do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 05:13:00 EST 2008

With JBoss 5 going to GA, I gave it a try with our application which is a EJB3 application with Hibernate as JPA provider running on JBoss 4.2.x. We have also configured to use EhCache.

Installing the application as EAR on JBoss 5 now shows an error on startup for which I have no idea to solve it. Here is the relevant stacktrace:

  | 09:16:25,199 INFO  [SessionFactoryImpl] building session factory
  | 09:16:26,167 WARN  [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [persistence.u
  | nit:unitName=dpjwApp-ear-1.0.ear/dpjw-core-1.0.jar#dpjw.org.dpjw.base.domain.Dis
  | trict]; using defaults.
  | 09:16:26,167 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=pe
  | rsistence.unit:unitName=dpjwApp-ear-1.0.ear/dpjw-core-1.0.jar#dpjw state=Create
  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cache name cannot contain '/' characters.
  |         at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.setName(Cache.java:1272)
  |         at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.addCache(CacheManager.java:501)
  |         at org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider.buildCache(EhCacheProvider.java:9
  | 4)
  |         at org.hibernate.cache.impl.bridge.RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge.buil
  | dEntityRegion(RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge.java:96)
  |         at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:
  | 255)
  |         at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.jav
  | a:1327)
  |         at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(Annotat
  | ionConfiguration.java:867)
  |         at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Con
  | figuration.java:669)
  |         at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFa
  | ctory(HibernatePersistence.java:132)
  |         at org.jboss.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitDeployment.start(PersistenceU
  | nitDeployment.java:311)

Is there anybody here who can give us a pointer to a solution?

Carlo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194999#4194999

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194999