[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: JBoss5, Hibernate and EHCache

cluib do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 10:21:59 EST 2008

I tracked the problem within the debugger and found the source of the error. Obivously it is a different naming scheme they have in JBoss 5.

Looking at the constructor of Hibernate's SessionFactoryImpl(), I saw the creation of a local variable named 'cacheRegionPrefix' (String cacheRegionPrefix = settings.getCacheRegionPrefix()), which is then later used as argument for a cache region name.
Now, in JBoss this cacheRegionPrefix results into something like this:

  | persistence.unit:unitName=dpjwApp-ear-1.0.ear/dpjw-core-1.0.jar#dpjw_office.

whereas in JBoss 4.2.3 it was

  | dpjwApp-ear-1_0_ear,dpjw_office.
  | .

Carlo