[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM/Spring/jUnit

pojomonkey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 11:27:28 EST 2008

I agree that my original use of the assignment handler for the start-task etc. was flawed - hence why I've now removed it.

anonymous wrote :
  | All I was hoping for with this thread was to get some ideas as to why the DelegationException is thrown when I invoke createStartTaskInstance() from a jUnit test, but NOT when the same code is run as part of the normal running of the app.

"kukeltje" wrote : That is new information (or maybe I missed it somewhere in the split posts). Most often it is a classloader issue if you see this different behaviourIt was in my first post, but probably not obvious. Yes, it does seem to be a classloader issue - running in the context of JUnit - for now I'm getting:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.springmodules.workflow.jbpm31.JbpmHandlerProxy
  |     at org.jbpm.graph.def.Action.execute(Action.java:121)
Following from:
getJbpmTemplate().execute(new JbpmCallback() {
  |             public Object doInJbpm(final JbpmContext context) {
  |
  |                 // Create a new process instance
  |                 final ProcessInstance pi = context.newProcessInstanceForUpdate(processName);
  |
  |                 if (pi != null) {
  |                     pi.getRootToken().signal();
  |                 }
  |
  |                 return null;
  |             }
  |         });

As I've got a deadline looming, I have no choice but to give up on trying to solve this conundrum, for now.

Thanks for your input so far. If anyone has any similar experience trying to JUnit test their Spring app (with jBPM 'under the hood') then I'd be glad to hear how you got around this issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195095#4195095

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195095