[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Copying large files to members using JGroups

forumer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 23:37:19 EST 2008

I need to copy large files (100MB to 1GB) between different machines. JGroups seems to be a good fit for doing this. Browsing the web, I find that this can be done fairly easily between two machines using state transfer which, apparently, uses TCP. However, multicasting would be a better solution because of many members and large files. I've read some conjectures about how this could be done but haven't seen a definitive solution. I understand that multicasting streams is not a viable approach for accomplishing this.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and experiences about how to go about doing this.

Thanks

P.S I hope I am posting in the right forum as I couldn't find one for JGroups.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195207#4195207

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195207