[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Messaging on JBoss 5

pangea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 04:02:27 EST 2008

Hi

I am looking at upgrading from JBoss 4.2.1 to JBoss 5. We were using JBoss ESB 4.4 on JBoss 4.2.1. Since JBoss ESB 4.4 is not officially compatible with JBoss 5, we decided to drop the ESB and use JBoss Messaging instead.

When attempting to run JBoss 5 with the pre-bundled JBoss messaging, we encountered several issues with connecting to our Postgres messaging db. Upon further inspection, we undercovered that the JBoss messaging bundled with JBoss 5 is version 1.4.1 GA. This we found strange because although there is a JBoss Messaging 2.0.0 Alpha version out, it seems there was never a GA version of 1.4.1 released.

So is the JBoss messaging version actually a GA version, and does it support Postgres?

Thanks in advance for your help
Rich

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195831#4195831

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195831