[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: The performance problem of richfaces in IE

swatermeyer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 07:53:18 EST 2008

Im very interested in some performance-tunings tips, too.

We are currently developing a portal application with jboss portal 2.6.5GA and richfaces 3.2.2. The target (client)platform is Windows 2000 (SP4) with IE6 (SP1) and we've got massive performance problems while working with our portal-application in this combination. The IE uses up to 500MB of ram and works realy slowly. We guess a memory-leak in richfaces framework or an error in WindowsScriptingHost. Using Firefox is quite a little bit faster, but far away from a acceptable performance.
A complete page refresh takes up to 30 seconds, the server cpu-usage never reaches 10 percent while the client-cpu works with 100 percent usage all the time.
With Windows XP the performance is good, could be better, but a page refresh is done in 3-4 seconds.

We searched alot and didnt found anything helping us. I Just want to know if there are any known Bugs with JBoss Portal, Richfaces & Windows 2000. If someone got a solution for our problem, we would be very thankful :)

kind regards
stephan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195908#4195908

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195908