[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: The performance problem of richfaces in IE

ecko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 12:15:52 EST 2008

Here is an abstract posted on http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx
"
Hello again, this is Peter Gurevich, Performance PM (among other things) for IE7.  We have heard a lot of requests to improve our Jscript engine, especially now that AJAX sites are becoming more prevalent on the web.  I want you all to know that we have been listening and have recently made some great fixes to our engine to improve the garbage collection routine and to reduce unbounded memory growth.  You should see noticeable improvements on AJAX sites in the Release Candidate we shipped last week.  I want you also to know that performance of the object model and JavaScript engine will be an area that we focus on strongly in future releases.

While investigating the performance issues on script heavy sites we noticed several design patterns that resulted in less than optimal script performance.  Changing these design patterns on the site end often resulted in huge performance wins (4x to 10x increase) to the user, so I wanted to share these recommendations with everyone.

To that end, this blog will be the first in a 3 part series focusing on developing performance optimized scripts for web pages, covering the following:

   1. Symbolic Look-up recommendations
   2. JavaScript code inefficiencies
   3. Script and performance considerations specific to Internet Explorer
"

Please let me know if there are other useful performance topics you’d like to hear about.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196005#4196005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196005