[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Encoding issue

adelcast do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 15:03:24 EST 2008

Hello,
I am using JBoss 4.2.2 runing under Solaris sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320.
Iam encountering an issue when receiving http headers with UTF-8 encoding format.
Solaris uses actually LC-ALL= en_CA.ISO8859-1.
The system properties while jboss starts uses also ISO8859-1.
So actually (because I need to handle french accents) we have an issue when trying to extract those kind of characters.
Sample:
Original String: àéèç
file.encoding=ISO8859-1
Received string:  à éèç