[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Wierd Problem in Hibernate session

bentins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 12 06:59:23 EST 2008

I have to following code:

  | protected TaskInstance locateTask(ContextInstance ctx, JbpmContext jbpmContext) throws ApplicationException {
  | 		String searchValue = (String) ctx.getVariable(contextKey);
  | 		if (searchValue == null || searchValue.trim().equals(""))
  | 			return null;
  | 		String query = String.format("select t.ID_ TASK_ID from JBPM_TASKINSTANCE t , JBPM_VARIABLEINSTANCE vi "
  | 				+ "where vi.STRINGVALUE_ = '%s' and vi.TOKEN_ = t.TOKEN_ and (t.ISOPEN_ = 1 or t.ISSUSPENDED_ = 1)"
  | 				+ " and t.END_ is null and t.NAME_ ", new Object[] {searchValue});
  |
  | 		String inString;
  | 		if (!notInTaskType) {
  | 			inString = String.format("in ( %s )", new Object[] {taskName});
  | 		}
  | 		else {
  | 			// we're looking for tasks which are not of types given
  | 			inString = String.format("not in ( %s )", new Object[] {taskName});
  | 		}
  |
  | 		query += inString;
  |
  | 		SQLQuery sqlQuery = jbpmContext.getSession().createSQLQuery(query).addScalar("TASK_ID", Hibernate.LONG);
  | 		List result = sqlQuery.list();
  | 		//		Collection<DbaseFieldList> result = JDBCHelper.getInstance().runSelectStatement(query,
  | 		//				(Connection) ctx.getTransientVariable(FlowVariables.CONNECTION));
  | 		if (result == null || result.isEmpty()) {
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 		// always take the first one found! usually there should be only one task in existence
  | 		//		long taskId = Long.parseLong(result.iterator().next().get("ID_").getValueAsString());
  | 		Long taskId = (Long) result.get(0);
  | 		if (logger.isLoggable(Level.FINEST))
  | 			logger.finest("Found a Task with ID: " + taskId);
  | 		TaskInstance task;
  | 		try {
  | 			task = TaskManager.loadInstance(taskId, jbpmContext);
  | 			if (logger.isLoggable(Level.FINEST))
  | 				logger.finest(task.toString());
  | 		}
  | 		catch (ApplicationException ae) {
  | 			// the task is either being opened by a user of is being finished by a user.
  | 			Long userId = (Long) ctx.getTransientVariable(FlowVariables.USER_ID);
  | 			if (userId != null) {
  | 				String folderId = (String) ctx.getVariable(FlowVariables.FOLDER_ID);
  | 				String text = ServerSideResources.translate("Msg38") + " " + folderId;
  | 				Set<String> users = new HashSet<String>();
  | 				users.add(userId.toString());
  | 				MessageManager.getInstance().sendMessageToUsers(users, text);
  | 			}
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 		return task;
  | 	}
  |
  | public static EmiTaskInstance loadInstance(long taskId, JbpmContext ctx) throws ApplicationException {
  | 		EmiTaskMgmntSession mgmtSession = (EmiTaskMgmntSession) ctx.getTaskMgmtSession();
  | 		try {
  | 			return (EmiTaskInstance) mgmtSession.loadTaskInstance(taskId);
  | 		}
> [...]

In one process I call a subprocess. Before the subprocess is called I run an action which closes a Task (Hence Task A). At the beginning of the subprocess I run an action which runs the locateTask from above to locate open tasks that have a certain value. The select I run using the open hibernate session returns finding Task A although Task A is closed i.e has an end date, and is not marked as open or suspended. More over, on the next couple of lines of code I load the task with the id the select returned and try to resume it, this fails on exception that says I can't resume a task that has been closed. How can the select find this task if it closed?

I'm running a Jbpm 3.2 in a clustered environment, which means I'm using an XA DataSource and XA transactions. A Transaction is opened before I begin and the commit is only after The subprocess has reached a blocking state.

The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the connection used for the query is not the connection used for loading and closing the task. I also want to mention that the same exact code does not fail in a non clusterd environment.

I'll be happy to read any thoughts on this matter that can point me to a direction....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196209#4196209

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196209