[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: The performance problem of richfaces in IE

ecko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 12 09:33:30 EST 2008

Here is a question about richfaces:
In my web page, there is a input box like this:
<h:inputText>
  |       <a4j:support event="onblur" ajaxSingle="true" action="#{managedBean.method}" />
  | </h:inputText>

Now the question is:
when the "onblur" event is trigered, the inputText value will be posted to server for processing, but i found that the others control in the form were also posted(by firebug, can see the posted data), why?
But the richfaces documentation describe the "ajaxSingle" attribute like this:
"When  "ajaxSingle"   attribute value is "true" , it orders to include only a value of the current component (along with  <f:param>   or  <a4j:action>   param values if any) to the request map"

If my understanding is correct,  whether that all control data are posted will cause the performance problem?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196257#4196257

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196257