[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Memory leak in JBoss Messaging 1.4.0SP3-CP02

J.Hedin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 15 05:28:47 EST 2008

We have found a memory leak in JBoss Messaging 1.4.0SP3-CP02 on JBoss 4.2.2.GA + JBoss remoting 2.5.0SP1. We have nailed it down to the opening and closing of a non transacted JMS connection factory within a JTA transaction. The reason we need this is that we do send JMS messages to a singleton service in the cluster within a transaction and react on the reply. We have not been able to find any suggestion to fix in Jboss messaging, but a workaround with no memory leak.

Pattern:

Memory leak:

MDB in JTA XA-transaction -> jBPM -> EJB3 SLSB -> Send JMS via JNDI name "ConnectionFactory" in no TX mode

No leak:

MDB in JTA XA-transaction -> jBPM -> EJB3 SLSB -> EJB3 SLSB with REQUIRES NEW transaction attribute -> Send JMS via "java:/JmsXA"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196505#4196505

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196505