[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to best control access from multiple threads to a Proces

jse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 15 14:37:15 EST 2008

I have a workflow that interacts with some deeply asynchronous external systems. These systems send messages to my system and the receipt of each message is handled by its own thread. On receipt of a message, the thread needs to signal the process instance associated with the message to move it out of its wait state to the next state.

The issue is that the process instance may still be processing a previous message... and that multiple messagess may arrive and these should be used to signal the process instance in time arrival order.

Is there a way of "working with the grain" of jBpm to accomplish what is essentially queuing access to to a process instance, only allowing a thread to signal when the instance is not in use by another thread? ... or do I need to implement infrastructure external to jBpm based on something like JMS?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196678#4196678

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196678