[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message threshold

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 16 04:42:02 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : Is there any limits of no. of messages on one queue ?
  | Is there any limits of total no. of messages ?

There are no actual limits. JBM will start to page messages to the database once a certain threshold is reached. These are read back in to memory when a queue dips below a certain limit.

anonymous wrote : For that we are sending simultaenously 100s of Queue messages ( which is starting point for application ) . Surprisingly sometimes application just doesnt process any messages. In that kind of scenario we just need to restart application..n sometimes even restart doesnt work.

I'm not sure why that would happen, one thing i would say is that sending messages as fast as you can will flood the server. Try adding some flow control and see if that makes a dsifference, say, only send n messages every second.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196810#4196810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196810