[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problem with a decision node in a fork, join construct.

janvandeklok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 16 05:07:11 EST 2008

Ronald,

   I will post some new treads about the other oracle related problems soon.
But the main issue there is (as far as I can see) that the oracle implementation does not auto increment the id fields. Apart from creating a hibernate-sequence,  the jbpm (or hibernate) does not seem to use that sequence. We have specified the oracle dialect correctly. I would expect some triggers applied to oracle tables that injects a generated sequence id into the id field when a record is added or some other programmatic logic.

the following trigger could simulate the auto-id fields in oracle:

  | CREATE SEQUENCE ACTION_ID_SEQ;
  | create or replace  TRIGGER ACTION_ID BEFORE INSERT ON JBPM_ACTION
  |            REFERENCING OLD AS old NEW AS new FOR EACH ROW WHEN  (NEW.ID_ IS NULL)
  | BEGIN select ACTION_ID_SEQ.nextval  into :NEW.ID_ from dual;
  |
  | END;;

I went through  a lot of documentation, wiki and forum stuff but could not find out how to "activate" the id generation behaviour for an Oracle implemenation.

Jan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196828#4196828

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196828