[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Configuring BasicThreadPool

prabhun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 16 07:21:10 EST 2008

Hi,

We are using Jboss 4.2.3 with Jboss MQ.

When ever there are more messages to process, our server goes to a hung state and not responding. The server status shows that it is running but it is not responding to any aplication calls. Even the Jmx console is not opening.

I am thinking if we increase the MaximumPoolSize/MaximumQueueSize attributes in the jbossmq-service.xml file we may get a better performance.

The following is the configuration we have,

<!-- A Thread pool service -->

JMSThread
JBossMQ Server Threads
<!-- The max number of threads in the pool -->
10
<!-- The max number of tasks before the queue is full -->
1000
run

My questions are,

How much I can increase the MaximumPoolSize/MaximumQueueSize values?

Is there any limit?

Regards,
Prabhu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196853#4196853