[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: What's wrong with this configuration??

nachiket_patel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 17 03:17:52 EST 2008

Jason wrote:
----------
Why are you using gossip? You dont need a gossip router to do TCP. Also gossip isn't preferable for a cache setup.
I am planning to use TCPPING but as it is creating problem, temporarily i am using Gossip.

When i use TCPPING then it is not reconnecting When network is disconnected from computer A then A receives new View of it's own[only 1 member A] and creator is also A. [So i can identify by the event that this computer is disconnected.]

But on network reconnect, nothing happens..No new view is received, no reconnection, anything (I have set shunning to true)

 why it is behaving like this?? I read that you can use either of gossip or TCPPING, both are same in behavior. [Difference is one is running as application - GossipRouter and TCPPING is not]

-Nachiket

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197042#4197042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197042