[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - why the single hibernate oracle sequence

erciped do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 17 06:00:36 EST 2008

Hi

Why does the hibernate only use the single oracle database sequence? We tend to use a separate sequence for every table unless we need to have uniqueness across multiple tables.

Does jBPM use the sequence value in any way? We had the same problem when we used OS Workflow in that the whole framework schema used one sequence [hibernate_sequence] and the application code also required the separate entities to have unique identifiers. We thought that was odd and only found out when we were cleaning up our hibernate mappings and creating separate sequences and OSWorkflow started acting funny. Nast bug.

Any help would be appreciated as we want to have separate sequences for each table. We don't mind some table sharing a sequence if necessary.

Eric

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197073#4197073

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197073